Wednesday 28 August 2013

Job Sharing Your Homeschool With Jesus

Job Sharing With JesusWhen my son was in 2nd grade in the public school, he had two teachers that were job-sharing his classroom.  One worked 3 days a week, and the other worked 3 days a week.  On Wednesday they both worked together.   They did some team teaching, and had long discussions, brainstorming with each other about the best way to deal with each child.  Unfortunately, one of them left on maternity leave and their plan sort of fell apart...

When my son was in 3rd grade in the public school, again he had two teachers that were job-sharing.  These two teachers combined both groups of students into one huge class.  One of them lectured while the other worked with small groups of students on a separate task.  Sometimes they worked as a whole group of 60 kids, with two teachers watching over them.  Both teachers were great, but again one of them left on maternity leave and the plans went out the window again.  Team teaching was great when it worked.  Each teacher had their strengths, and they compensated for each other’s weaknesses.  However, nobody is perfect, and situations do arise. 

Do you think God would be a good homeschool teacher?  Would you do a better job educating your children if Jesus was right there with you?  Have you ever considered that you are job-sharing your homeschool with Jesus?  Check out these scriptures and look for similarities:
  • John 14:17 But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you
  • John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
  • Colossians 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
  • Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
  • John 17:20-22 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me.
When God repeats something in His Word, he really wants us to listen up!  He seems to be saying that Christ lives in us.  As we homeschool our children, and go about our work, He is right there with us.  Jesus is our job-sharing partner.  We can rely on his strengths to balance our weaknesses. When we have situations that arise (like pregnancy!), He can help cover any deficits. To be honest, He will usually cover our sick-leave with delight-directed learning, but that doesn't make it any less valuable.  Thankfully, the Lord NEVER has a sick day.  We are job-sharing with Jesus.  He will provide what we need - and He will provide what we lack.

Read more about the Christian homeschooling, just use this link 

No comments:

Post a Comment